Here’s what we learned:
- They’ve spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on appliances from various vendors, resulting in tenuous efficacy at best, and disaster at worst. Appliances’ astronomically high up-front costs are extremely difficult to offset with incremental income from Mitigation Services. Most Hosting Firms see dramatically reduced operating margins amid revenue loss across an increasingly irate customer base.
- Many Web Hosting firms will instead resign themselves to sending “risky mitigation business” to third-party cloud-based companies such as CloudFlare and Incapsula. This approach has the following drawbacks:
- Significant incremental cost to the Client starting at $200/Month
- Additional overhead for the less tech-savvy Client, now required to sign-up for yet another service they don’t quite understand.
- Undermining the Web Hosting Firm’s differentiation as a turnkey solution, amid fierce competition.
- Finally, most solutions, be they Appliance-based, Cloud-based, or Hybrid, will do a decent-to-phenomenal job of absorbing Network-Level DDoS Attacks, but still fail to isolate Application-Layer Attacks without some sort of Operational Intervention by the Web Site’s Owner, or some other dedicated team.
To address these challenges head-on, we unveiled HiveShield Enterprise at HostingCon Global 2017. We were thrilled – and honestly somewhat surprised – to see such an overwhelmingly enthusiastic response.
It is built on-top of the same advanced DDoS Mitigation Engine we first released on AWS 2 years ago. It yields unparalleled efficacy in detecting and blocking Application-Layer attacks while applying innovative approaches to absorbing low-level Network attacks.
HiveShield Enterprise was engineered for Superior ROI & Agility:
- As a software solution installable on CentOS 7, HiveShield Enterprise can be deployed On-Premises, in a Public Cloud (AWS, Google), or on a Public VPS.
- An unlimited amount of sites and clients can be protected with a single subscription.
- A single subscription can be leveraged across multiple hosts, up to the Plan’s maximum allotted aggregate cores.
- Plans start at $100/Month for 8 Aggregate cores.
- All plans feature 30-Day free trials, and the ability to downgrade and upgrade with proration at any time.